Intern with strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media websites. The Tree of Health Center (TTOHC) is currently redesigning our website, and will soon launch a social media campaign. The intern hired for this position will need strong critical thinking skills in order to integrate into our team. TTOHC’s focus is to share this exciting launch with an intern hoping to gain extensive and beneficial online experience. Ideal candidate will possess a desire to be involved with natural healing practices and education within the worldwide community.
The internship is unpaid, but an extensive amount can be taken from this experience. An internship in the social media & marketing field is a great way to get a jumpstart on your career, gain tangible working knowledge and enhance your résumé. We will provide the Intern with experience in their chosen major, as well as a sense of teamwork, with an emphasis on communication to build a strong work relationship with the TTOHC team. Need not apply, if not committed to the hours required, and the vision of TTOHC.
- Think strategically and see how social media fits into TTOHC’s marketing strategy by building long-lasting relationships that provide value
- Create new and improve existing profiles and pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Formulate and carry out social media plans (online outreach and promotion using Hoot Suite, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ and more)
- Find users to follow/friend/like our business
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks
- Measure and document the impact of social media, and then suggest action-steps to increase impact. (cost / benefit analysis)
- Report findings to the team
- Contribute to website redesign project in various ways
- Website and social media optimization
- Keyword analysis
- Upload videos, photo albums, etc.
- Consistently ask questions, learn and grow
- Marketing/Business or Language majors, with 3 years of experience on the Web and a solid understanding of today’s marketplace. (Use on a business level preferred.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Creative with an eye for design
- Ability to develop a detailed and professional social marketing plan
- Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
- Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Willingness to create video blogs, write press releases, and Facebook posts daily
- Knowledge of digital media and video editing software
- Energy and desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
- Experience proofreading and editing
- Ability to deal with uncertainty
- Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams
- 7-10 hours weekly, and attend weekly marketing meetings