Linda Mitchell, Founder, Partner & Director, LPN, LMT, BCTMB, and CranioSacral Therapist
Linda was first inspired by her sister Mary Lou who died at the tender age of 6 from leukemia. It was this experience that led her into the field of healthcare; first as a Nurse, then into the world of Natural Medicine.
As a Visionary and Founder of The Tree of Health Center, Linda's belief is that it is necessary to blend Natural and Modern Medicine. "One is not less important than the other" states Mitchell.
Linda has worked within the medical field as a Licensed Practical Nurse working with all ages in long term care facilities, as well as home care.
Her continued path led her to natural practices initiating her journey in massage, craniosacral therapy, somatic emotional release, Reiki and Integrative Energy Therapy. Her work includes working with both humans, and horses.
Mitchell gained her expertise from the Institute of Therapeutic Massage, Center of Being and Upledger Institute. Linda's spiritual path led her to Unity of Sussex County where she embraced working with the YOU (Youth of Unity - Teens), and as a chaplain.
Linda was the founder of the Holistic Mentorship Network, MARCI Magazine, and ran the New Jersey Shore Leukemia and Lymphoma Marathon in 2004 in honor of her sister Mary Lou DePue.
- Founder, Partner & Director of The Tree of Health Center
- Founder & Partner of the Universal Children's Fund
- Founder & Partner of the Universal Retreat & Healing Arts Center
- Developer of MARCI – Mindfulness, Awareness, Responsibility, Compassion & Intuition
"A Pathway to Enlightenment"
- Advocate for Healthcare & Elder Abuse
- Licensed Massage and Bodywork Therapist
- Board Certified Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork
- Owner & Operator of “The Art of Touch”
- Founder, Past Board Member & Executive Director of the “Holistic Mentorship Network"
- Publicist of MARCI, holistic health & wellness e-magazine 2006 - 2011
- Publicist of “Conscious Healthcare” – A New Paradigm to Wellness 2012 - 2013
- Cranial Sacral Therapist in Adults, Children & Equine
- Reiki Master & Teacher 2007 - Present
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Chaplin at Unity Church of Sussex County
- Past Sponsor & Leader for the “Youth of Unity”
- Past Vice President of the Health Professionals & Allied Employees Local 5107
- Past Member of the Safety Committee of Local 5107
- Completed the New Jersey Shore Leukemia and Lymphoma Marathon- 2004
- Past Member of Toastmasters International & VP of Membership
- Volunteered Chair Massage Services at Camp Nejeda (children’s diabetic camp); 2 Kids Foundation (Children with compromised illnesses); Multiple Sclerosis; & Lupus Events
- Center of Being, Inc. – Integrative Energy Therapy
- Upledger Institute International, Inc. – Cranial Sacral Therapy I & II, Somatic Emotional Release I, Pediatric Cranial Sacral Therapy, Equine Cranial Sacral Therapy
- UMDNJ – Hospital Based Program
- Institute for Therapeutic Massage – Certified Massage Therapist
- County College of Morris – Licensed Practical Nurse
A rebel by nature, Linda has been proactive in healthcare most of her life. Mitchell lives in Sussex County, New Jersey, and enjoys finding time to read, meditate and play. Linda’s most accomplished act has been raising her children, and enjoying being a grandma. For more information on Linda Mitchell, LPN, NCTMB visit http://home.earthlink.net/~simplylinda7