Give yourself a moment to consider the following quote by Jim Rohn:
“Design your own life plan, or you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much."
If you could take a week out of your life to design your life plan, how would you do it? What would you think about? How would you begin?
These are big questions, but they can be broken down into a few simple steps. And you can intentionally live your own life - instead of following another's. You can feel joy most of the time, by your own creation! Try these 10 steps and see where they lead. Chances are you'll be pleasantly surprised by the results.
1. Quiet your mind. You can do this by sitting comfortably, closing your eyes and slowly breathing through your nose. Pay attention to each breath as it fills you up with life, and then as you exhale leaving nothing but space inside your body. Take 10-20 breathes, paying attention to each one so you focus only on your breath.
2. Reach inside and ask for guidance. Think or say:
"I am designing my life's plan and I know all the answers I need live inside of me right now. I have complete faith that I will be guided by the Infinite Intelligence within me."
Or make your own statement affirming your complete belief that you will receive inner guidance.
3. Releasing all limitations, patiently ask yourself these questions.
− "What do I want to positively experience in my life?"
− "What do I love to do?"
− "What am I good at that I also enjoy?"
Once you've deliberately asked yourself these questions, release them. They are your gift that you are giving yourself to contemplate.
4. Focus on your breath again. Close your eyes and breathe 10-20 breaths, focusing only on your breath. Pay attention to your body as the breath fills up your belly and your lungs, and as you exhale and release it again, leaving your body filled with space.
5. Slowly get and up and go back to performing your daily activities.
6. Do this every day until the answers start to come.
7. Keep a small note pad and pencil with you all the time.
8. Write your ideas down in your note pad as they come to you. And don't try to make any sense out of them. Just jot them down.
9. Acknowledge when you have enough ideas to work with. Then make yourself comfortable, open your notepad and read all of your ideas. And be sure not to judge them. They came from within you so they are borne of your beautiful creative spirit.
10. Create! Keep reviewing your ideas. Organize them. Then zero in on the ones that excite you - that make you feel good.
If pessimism shows up and starts feeding you negative energy, shoo it away! There is no place for pessimism in your positive space. Imagine yourself holding a symbol of that pessimism in your hand and then blowing it away into infinity.
This creative process will liberate you. You'll feel happy, invigorated and ready to take action. Then take small steps that are enjoyable. Remember, if you're not having fun, it's time to change your design. You are here on this earth to enjoy yourself and all that you create.
Use this affirmation to keep you on track:
"I am following my own life plan that I intentionally designed. And it feels good!"
Here's to inner guidance as you create your joy, and your spirit glows.